Prusa MMU3 for MK4 printer Build

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I ordered my multi material switcher for the MK4 prusa printer a year back - they finally got the bugs out and shipped it to me. I'll post about my adventure on assembly. It will support 5 spools of filament. I've found the filament switcher is quite useful on my bambu A1 mini. When it's all assembled it looks like below. This is Chris Riley, Youtuber, and he has a 3 chapter series on assembly of the MMU3.

1713404118988.png

I received a surprising number of parts, fasteners, etc in the box yet it's not everything. I was a C.B. (cheap b...) and decided I'd 3d print additional necessary parts and save $30USD. I now learn I've got 30 hours of printing ahead of me on 7 plates. o_O Apparently my printing time is worth $1/hour.

Below is another screen shot from Chris Riley show the bags and bags. The unit was $299 US + $40ish USD shipping and another DHL profit + GST fee of $50 in Canada. so about ~$525 all in. I like Prusa, I wish them the very best, but bambu sent me a largely assembled MMU, and a printer, for $663 CAD. Chinese competition is brutal - I'm glad I'm an old geezer. I'll see what I think when this is assembled.

1713403848706.png

1713403716929.png

Plate part jobs. I'm printing some on the MK4 and some on the MK3.

Chris's videos.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I ordered my multi material switcher for the MK4 prusa printer a year back - they finally got the bugs out and shipped it to me. I'll post about my adventure on assembly. It will support 5 spools of filament. I've found the filament switcher is quite useful on my bambu A1 mini. When it's all assembled it looks like below. This is Chris Riley, Youtuber, and he has a 3 chapter series on assembly of the MMU3.

View attachment 46847

I received a surprising number of parts, fasteners, etc in the box yet it's not everything. I was a C.B. (cheap b...) and decided I'd 3d print additional necessary parts and save $30USD. I now learn I've got 30 hours of printing ahead of me on 7 plates. o_O Apparently my printing time is worth $1/hour.

Below is another screen shot from Chris Riley show the bags and bags. The unit was $299 US + $40ish USD shipping and another DHL profit + GST fee of $50 in Canada. so about ~$525 all in. I like Prusa, I wish them the very best, but bambu sent me a largely assembled MMU, and a printer, for $663 CAD. Chinese competition is brutal - I'm glad I'm an old geezer. I'll see what I think when this is assembled.

View attachment 46846

View attachment 46844

Plate part jobs. I'm printing some on the MK4 and some on the MK3.

Chris's videos.
Holy crap!
Good luck.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Not just gummy bears but multi coloured gummy bears. Maybe Saturday…

Some parts done in the front pic. Printer on the left has to print five plates of what it is working on. 5 Buffer plates whatever that means. On the left I’m printing the second side of the main enclosure.

Attachments

• IMG_5082.jpeg
    IMG_5082.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 3