• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Power washing driveway

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I'm finding with my slightly older body that holding onto a pressure washer wand for more than about 30 minutes is really difficult. And I still have a lot of driveway to clean.
Has anyone ever tried one of these?
Any comments about it?
The reviews are a bit iffy on that one but it is PA so it can easily go back.
A similar size Ryobi at HD is 30 bucks less and gets decent reviews.
Results probably depend a lot on your PSI available.
I put a turbo nozzle on my washer and love it but don't do a driveway..

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
The reviews are a bit iffy on that one but it is PA so it can easily go back.
A similar size Ryobi at HD is 30 bucks less and gets decent reviews.
Results probably depend a lot on your PSI available.
I put a turbo nozzle on my washer and love it but don't do a driveway..
For Home Depot I'd have to drive up to Duncan to get one there. None in Victoria. Not available as an online order.

Then there's this one that has 3 casters. Might be better for my rougher drive way.

Last edited:

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Then there's this one that has 3 casters. Might be better for my rougher drive way.
Bought one of these today at Langford Home Depot. Although a bit tedious removes the thick moss really well. Does a nice job on the thin and dirty pavement. Biggest problem is the driveway surface is very rough and not even and so it's easy to see that the two spinning nozzles have some wear marks on them from touching.

I still have to use the wand to push away the chunks of moss but this was way cheaper than hiring someone to do this and way easier than holding onto a wand for 3 hours. Have to move vehicles around to finish but that area has much less moss.

Oh and what an experience at that HD. More staff it seemed than customers in the store. Ask a question and they answer with very little information or help and go back to talking to their co-workers. I asked about 1/2" OD copper connectors and was waved to the next isle with the statement we don't have much there. Not a question about what I wanted to connect. So I bought one more compression nut and fitting for 1/2" pipe that I think will fit in the filter that comes tomorrow. And interestingly this was the 90 degree taper, not 72 degree taper but for about $4 solid brass.