• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

PM Research Steam Engine #3

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've been working on the castings for my number three steam engine the last few evenings.

In case anyone is wondering, the quality of the castings is excellent!

I did have one casting for the number one the steam engine that was quite porous. I sent them an email with a picture, and they sent a replacement part out PDQ.

So far my game plan has been to start with the easiest parts, and work my way up to the more complicated parts. Probably a good idea as I have "learned" with every piece I've made so far.

When I have a little time I'll post a few pictures. Having lots of fun!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Isn't PM Research the company that made the engine that Blondihacks is building?

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
IMG_3976.JPG
Isn't PM Research the company that made the engine that Blondihacks is building?
Yes. Both her and Joe Pi have videos on the PM #1 engine. I have the set of casting for that one as well. It's a larger engine. (7" flywheel I think) and is the next step in my "homeschooling curriculum".

Here's the competed flywheel. Ran VERY true even before machining. Decided not to polish the outer rim and leave the tools marks. As Joe says, "It's your model, finish it however you like"

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Yes. Both her and Joe Pi have videos on the PM #1 engine. I have the set of casting for that one as well. It's a larger engine. (7" flywheel I think) and is the next step in my "homeschooling curriculum".

Here's the competed flywheel. Ran VERY true even before machining. Decided not to polish the outer rim and leave the tools marks. As Joe says, "It's your model, finish it however you like"

you and i must think alike, i bought both of them at the same time as well, still waiting....although i finally got a shipping notification late last week, hurray!