parts for Black & Decker Router model 7610

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I wonder if the rack is generic and is the same as DeWalt/Ryobi/etc and all the other routers?

Looking at the wear, if you turn the rack around 180 degrees are you to go for a while again?

Brent H

Ultra Member
@Tom Fitzpatrick : the router I have is a craftsman of the same kind of style.

image.jpg

It has a double collet lock and the lock part is broken.
image.jpg

Perhaps your router has a similar collet locking? If so, I could box this up and send it? The gearing on this router is steel. The rack is 3/8” wide.
image.jpg

Tom Fitzpatrick

Turning it around doesn't change things a whole lot because the damage is close to centre.
Thanks for the offer Brent, but to ship it to Western Canada (looks like you"re in NB) is not something I'm not interested in, but thanks for the generous offer. Too kind. Didn't know Craftsman had a similar configuration - maybe even the same dimensions - like washing machine manufacturers, they share tooling/maybe even one bought out the other.
Going to experiment with Tig welding the gap and then whittling away with my mini files. Have also discovered today that when I remove the pinion adjusting bolt and simply replace it with a 1/4-20 bolt (what original bolt is), tighten it, the clamping collet around the base router motor does secure the motor from moving up and down so this may be an option too - minus fine movement with the threads on the pinion.