Parker Majestic #2 surface grinder

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I had the opportunity to inspect the Parker Majestic today.
It's dirty but seems very sound. The controls are butter smooth. I could not power it up unfortunately so I'm taking a bit of a leap of faith.
I'm relieved that its 220/440v 3-phase so I can power it with a VFD off my 220v 1-phase service.
0edadcaf146bf274121e3885eb5bf670.jpg

14e893b31cddec67d10168de63af2fc9.jpg

15cd75eb2333739bf88f13457fe6a8d7.jpg

690f2df593ba448bf22fd07068ca6638.jpg

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The Ceramax chuck is worth nearly $1000 by itself ( a great brand) - you have a superb machine there, and not a lot of hours - I'd say in the low thousands. You will never wear this puppy out!!!

I like the idea of the 2X4 holding the table down for transport. brilliant! I wish I'd thought of that when I moved mine!!!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
The Ceramax chuck is worth nearly $1000 by itself ( a great brand) - you have a superb machine there, and not a lot of hours - I'd say in the low thousands. You will never wear this puppy out!!!

I like the idea of the 2X4 holding the table down for transport. brilliant! I wish I'd thought of that when I moved mine!!!

I was pricing those out and had sticker shocks to be sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver

I actually didn’t know that blocking heads was a recommended procedure until recently. Maybe not as important on short moves but imagine going 800 miles with moving parts sliding around, big chance for damage.

Tom O

Ultra Member
In the 90’s I bought a Harrison Lathe with the hydraulic copy attachment missing the tailstock lost during transit.

Brent H

Ultra Member
Perfect @David_R8 - Before I brought my mill in I welded up a base for it with castors so I could move it if needed. The fork truck could only get it so far. I did not do that with the Cincinnati and regret it. Now I have to do a second lift to get something under it as well as get it into its final resting spot.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Perfect @David_R8 - Before I brought my mill in I welded up a base for it with castors so I could move it if needed. The fork truck could only get it so far. I did not do that with the Cincinnati and regret it. Now I have to do a second lift to get something under it as well as get it into its final resting spot.

I will likely do that for my mill.
I positively hate the stand it’s on now.
It weighs in at 700# so I’ll be able to move it with my engine hoist when the time comes.
The PM weighs 1800# so I should be able to lift it should I decide to put it on a base.
dbfd310bef36583efcafc0075dd0cca2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk