• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Pacific Fasteners in Burnaby

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I saw this posted on HMEM forum. Just wondering if any of you BC guys have heard of or dealt with them?

I see that you are in Canada; me too. I live in Vancouver and we have a local company called Pacific Fasteners in Burnaby. They specialize in stainless steel hardware but I believe they have other metals. I order all of my model sized hardware and larger from them. I do it all by email. They don't have a current catalog but they have never told me that they didn't have what I have requested. I usually order 50 to 100 of just about everything so I'm never short. It's way cheaper than buying ones and twos or those ubiquitous packages of 5 at the retail store. I have several drawers full of #2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 nuts, washers, set screws, socket head and button head cap screws. I do everything by email and they just give it to Canada Post and saves me a trip across the city. Contact Keith : keith@pacfast.com . I just email my list in point form and be as explicit as you can and he'll get back to you within a day or so.

CWelkie

If you are asking about Tracey Tools ... I have dealt with them. Purchased some HSS BA taps and dies from them and they seem to be of good quality. They are certainly nicer to use than some carbon steel ones I had earlier. They did what was asked of them without fuss.

If you are asking about Pacific Fasteners ... sorry, no experience with them.

gerritv

Gerrit
I will recommend https://www.kingmicroschroeven.nl/ for bolts, screws, nuts, washers etc. Most are machined, not stamped. Esp. important for washers. I also buy my <6mm drills from them, in .1mm increments.

While the site is in Dutch, he/they are fluent in English.

Gerrit

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Some nice goodies there gerritv. How have you found their shipping? (cost/delivery etc.)

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Keith at Pacific Fasteners has been supplying my fasteners for 40 years. Always easy to deal with.

gerritv

Gerrit
Some nice goodies there gerritv. How have you found their shipping? (cost/delivery etc.)
Shipping is from EU, so not cheap. Seems to be driven by wieght so a fair range before you reach the next plateau, just like Canada Post. I always order enough to make the shipping seem less painful. Note that the price you need to look at is excl BTW (BTW=HST). I vaguely recall that the BTW deduction was close to the shipping cost.