• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Ottawa hobbyist

Hello,

I'm new here, but not to hobbyist metalworking.

I completed the Algonquin college Toolmaking program and worked in the trade for a few years, but have since pivoted and changed career.

My dad has always been into repairing and building things since growing up on a farm, which rubbed off on me. I still mostly work out of his garage/workshop since I don't have a garage or really appropriate space at my house.

Over the years between my dad and I we have acquired a Craftex metal lathe, JET millling machine, Miller MIG and Everlast TIG welders, and are always trying to build capacity in what we can do in the shop. His shop is a bit like the TARDIS from Dr.Who, seemingly infinite tools packed into a 2 car garage.

I'm here to check out what others are up to and share what experience I can.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
@jimmyhoffa, welcome aboard there's lots of excellent information and knowledge on this forum and if we don't know we simply make it up. LOL

Enjoy your visit, stay awhile!

Fermic

Oh, another Ottawa hobbyist. That's nice to hear and welcome to this forum. I am also from Ottawa area as well as a newbie hobbyist in machining.