One last great deal for 2023

Stuart Samuel

Premium Member
I’ve been after my boss to buy a rotary table for the 11 years I’ve worked for the lighting shop. About eight years ago, I talked our then production manager into buying one. Yep, he was going to go order one right now!

The one he bought: IMG_7787.jpeg

So I check Marketplace this morning, and what do I see but a 10” Vertex.

FOR $300.
IMG_7786.jpeg
Sent a message immediately (6:30), got a reply by 7, picked it up at 11. Having just read the Precision Matthews lathe thread in Member Spotted Deals, I was a little wary, but Jenish was a great guy, running a small CNC shop and clearing out stuff he doesn’t use. He was even nice enough to mention in passing that he had a 40 taper collet set he was going to bin. I’ve been daydreaming about a 40 taper Ex-cell-o for a few years, so… sure, why not. Free is an excellent price.
IMG_7784.jpeg

Happy New Year, folks! May the inexplicably cheap tool/right place, right time fairy bless you all!

Stuart Samuel

Premium Member
Before @Susquatch gets a chance to say it, you suck.
I will happily keep on, if I get the chance. :)

In all seriousness, this has genuinely been a bafflingly good year for deals, on my part. I feel like I spent years scratching around in the dirt like a chicken, and have inexplicably hit a rotten log full of grubs.

Weird metaphor? Blame it on the 100 proof bourbon pre-dinner drink. :p

SparWeb

Good Karma indeed.

Will you end up being one of guys who is better equipped at home than you are at work?

With the addition of my CNC router, that is something I can say, this year. I'm not ashamed to brag.

Stuart Samuel

Premium Member
Good Karma indeed.

Will you end up being one of guys who is better equipped at home than you are at work?

With the addition of my CNC router, that is something I can say, this year. I'm not ashamed to brag.
No, so far this is all going to work anyway.

I’m working on the home shop, but for the moment, it’s a mess, work’s under two kilometres away, and I have keys.