• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

On-line source for breakers

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I needed some breakers for my garage re-wire and I couldn't source them locally.
A bit of research turned up a company called Canada Breakers out of Toronto.
Free shipping on orders over $50.
At noon on Aug 18 I ordered three breakers.
15A 2P
40A 2P
20A 1P
They arrived today at 11 am. So basically 48 hr. delivery at zero extra cost to me!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I just went to Home Depot for breakers when I had the box changed in the garage.
I tried that as the panel came from H-D. They didn't have the configuration I needed in stock and it was a 2 week lead time to get them.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Apparently breakers are a popular theft items for the low life's, but i can't figure out why...is it just because they are expensive and easy to pocket?

trlvn

Ultra Member
Not to highjack David's thread, but after our renovation this past year, I have 5-6 used (ITE?) breakers. If I try to sell them, how much is a reasonable price?

Craig

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I used Amazon recently. No box store in my vicinity had a Siemens 30A one-pole GFCI (for an rv post). 30% cheaper than HD, here next day. Same with the outdoor rated Siemens box for the post...... not stocked at HD/Lowes. Sad, but the way of the world now.

Brent H

Ultra Member
I have a whole whack of breakers from old panels - I will put them up on here when I get home - just postage if you guys can use them. Mostly from renovations and upgrading peoples panels - I have one 60 amp Siemens that would do a shop nice if it fit a main panel. home in a couple weeks......