• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

older shop built bench shaper

Swharfin'

Out to pasture Red Seal Millwright
Just putting it out there. I'm trying to find the article/plans I have for a Quill mounted clapper for your mill. Ha I have this problem skimming thru my old book collection....I find them distracting and get off tangent lol.

Attachments

• Shaper.pdf
    533.9 KB · Views: 78

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Thanks for sharing. There are so many home built machine plans in those old popular mechanics magazines, its crazy. Not saying that is where this is from, but the pictures sure look similar.

Swharfin'

Out to pasture Red Seal Millwright
Thanks for sharing. There are so many home built machine plans in those old popular mechanics magazines, its crazy. Not saying that is where this is from, but the pictures sure look similar.
That's a likely source and your welcome I tried posting other such but kept getting file too big for upload messages. you site veterans have any suggestion?

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hmmm i used to have plans for a hand operated shaper, will see if i can find it. Haven't seen it for awhile.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@Swharfin' : if you break down the PDF into a couple files things tend to work better. I think we cap out at about 4 MB per attachment? Something like that anyway. The shaper plans came through - cool stuff!