Old Guy from Chatham.

Raygers

Premium Member
Hello, retired, many years, Tool and Die maker. I started building a vintage British motorcycle and needed some small parts made so I bought a mini lathe and mini mill. I have since moved on to model steam engines from castings. My last build tasked the limits of my little machinery, now to build a boiler, and not blow myself up in the process.:eek:

Hello, retired, many years, Tool and Die maker. I started building a vintage British motorcycle and needed some small parts made so I bought a mini lathe and mini mill. I have since moved on to model steam engines from castings. My last build tasked the limits of my little machinery, now to build a boiler, and not blow myself up in the process.:eek:
Welcome from Lillooet BC.
We have a wealth of knowledge hanging out here, and it sounds like we just gained a lot more with your arrival. We even have some members in your neck of the woods.
-Don

Bandit

Super User
Welcome from south of Calgary. Always interesting what projects are taken on, and various things are done. What pressure is the boiler ment to operate at?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Hi there and welcome to our group from a farm just a half hour south of you! My farm is on the north shore of Lake Erie. That makes you my closest fellow member. I've been semi retired for over 15 years and I am proud to call myself old, cuz getting old is a tough act and definitely not for sissies!

Lots of guys on here do make model engines. Take your time and get used to us, enjoy the banter and the discussions. Then when you are ready, shoot me a PM so we can get together. I don't build model engines, but I do repair farm equipment and I pretend I know a little about machining. We can have fun!

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome aboard.
CW from Burlington welcomes you to this most interesting and diverse group that all like to metal around.
Strongly suggest that you take @Susquatch up on his offer for a visit - it would be time very well spent to get to know this Forum and also a neighbour that is a very big monstrous scary hairy Forum member.
And also a gentle pussy cat.

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
have since moved on to model steam engines from castings.
It sounds like you’re set for having fun. I’ve been thinking of making a steam engine once I get my mill together and I’ve made the kits for tools that I’ve purchased.