• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

oiling upgrade

wharris1

william
Premium Member
while in the process of a machine tear down and repair, i remembered an story about using neddle valves to control the oiling on a mill.
and in this case i could see that 2 of the lines had become plugged with debris and with no control on the individual output of each line the oil flows to the path of least resistance
so started the search for valves. found them on ebay made a manifold, I used the same diameter of tubing but opted for vynal as the valves were made in the slide lock style
and I epoxied the end in place to avoid them slipping out under pressure, (tip of the day blow into the tubing while the epoxy dries in place so the tube is clear)
with it all done I must say this seems to be a good way to ensure oil to each individual location (opening 1 valve at a time)
hope you find it interesting
william
tubbing.jpg needle valve.jpg manafold.jpg manifold complete.jpg