NX shogun wedding

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
After over 10 years of using the "Educational" version... I got dinged. I am now the proud owner of Mach1 NX... Yup that's right, I am a legitimate owner of this software. I am sure this will make @Susquatch cringe.

A positive twist to this is that I can now proudly fly their banner on my website. I will take full ownership and use it as a marketing tool.. I will be making a flyer and sending it out to the few shops that asked me for services. Being a legal owner now makes it all legitimate..

Another way to look at this is by using the educational version for 10 plus years got me employment, and expertise. Having to purchase it now is just paying back rent....

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
What is required to get the educational version? Work uses this and would like to try it.
Welcome to the forum. Please make an introductory post.

This is also known as the "Chinese" version. It is safe to use.(with caution) My fatal mistake was lowering my firewall to connect to a printer at my customer's location. At this time of lowered security, ET phoned home. I knew something was up because a compliance officer looked at my linked profile. Next day I got this love letter from Siemens PLM. (see below..) If you choose to download bootleg software from "Pirate Bay", make sure it is from Team SolidSquad or SSQ for short. To be 100 % safe disconnect the internet upon installation, and make sure it is on your firewall list. If it asks to "phone home" deny deny deny !!! If you do not you will be forced to buy at least the minimum package, at 14500$. plus $2700/yr in maintenance.

Note that since I am legal, I will not go back and will never use bootleg software again. I like that I am able to market this as a service legitimately.

You can also legitimately get a trial license by following the links below. Note if you go this route, do NOT attempt to use a pirated version after !!

or

Attachments

• compliance.jpg
    compliance.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Ouch.
How do they arrive at he the 292,927.00 figure?
Multiple copies of the software?
The version I was using had all modules enabled, including Mold Wizard, Facet modelling, sheet metal, ship building die design... etc... Believe you me, they scared the be living Jesus out of me... and I complied within 2 days.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Think of it as a learning opportunity.
Not gonna lie, I used to use all the pirated software I could get my hands on, mostly because of what I thought of as outrageous pricing and licensing restrictions.
If you're not going to allow me to buy it because of my location, I'll just use a bootleg version instead.
Not anymore.
Now I pay and then enjoy the support.
There support is second to none.

While Fusion360, Solidworks, Mastercam, NX and others have a great appeal to be used, for small shops and individuals they have priced themselves out of the market, which is what is driving the pirate software industry with there current licensing models. What makes matters worse these same companies also are buying up any start ups that offer anything that rivals their products at a small fraction of their price.

As my various lic's got outdated, I've switched to ProgeCAD (lifetime lic, full featured 3D ACAD equivalent) from Nanocad (very inexpensive 2D CAD).

For GCode I use Intercon (Centroids program) and GWizardE (CNCcookbook). Meshcam is on the horizon for true 3D CAM work.

As a small business I don't mind investing in software or hardware, what I do mind is taking most of my profits just to support software that while important is not the biggest source of my sales.

Microsoft learned this years ago and offer their MS Office package under a very inexpensive multi-user lic for these small customers.

I hope that CAD/CAM sources come to realization at some point.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
After over 10 years of using the "Educational" version... I got dinged. I am now the proud owner of Mach1 NX... Yup that's right, I am a legitimate owner of this software. I am sure this will make @Susquatch cringe.

Why in the world would I cringe. Only the $ would scare me.

I have no pirated software. I only use stuff that is legal. When I cannot justify a full license, I find something else I can afford.

I do not object to companies that charge for the use of their software. It costs money and skilled people to develop that stuff. They have a right to a profit.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Why in the world would I cringe. Only the $ would scare me.

I have no pirated software. I only use stuff that is legal. When I cannot justify a full license, I find something else I can afford.

I do not object to companies that charge for the use of their software. It costs money and skilled people to develop that stuff. They have a right to a profit.
I thought you would cringe because it is Unigraphics... LOL