• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

November is rotary table month!

Hey Ian,
Did you see any smaller Rotary Tables on your travels to auctions ?
I could use a 6” Diameter unit.
One reason I got this one is that it was the smallest one! Typically in these industrial auctions you see large 12 inch or even 14 inch RT's. Don't think I've ever seen a 6 inch in an industrial auction.

Tecnico

(Dave)
Nice catch! Been keeping my eye out for a 6 - 8" RT myself.

Anyone have any experience with the (cheap) Vevor offering? I'm presuming it's bare bones and a bit crude(?).

D:cool:

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
One reason I got this one is that it was the smallest one! Typically in these industrial auctions you see large 12 inch or even 14 inch RT's. Don't think I've ever seen a 6 inch in an industrial auction.
Ok, thanks Ian.
I will keep searching.

Dave - FYI
I bought a VEVOR X-Y mill table, last year, that seems pretty robust and accurate.
Good castings and adjustable jibs for both axis travel.

Rauce

Ultra Member
My 8” I got at an auction and it’s actually the second 8” I got from an auction. The first was a three slot and the second had 4 slots and came with a bison 3 jaw chuck so I sold the first one.

Both were STM branded but based on the model number and appearance were made by Vertex. The Vertex branded ones aren’t terribly expensive new.