Not a deal- Victoria BC 7x10 HF lathe $500

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
Older 7x10 Harbor Freight mini lathe - no tailstock, no change gears.
https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/39848431
7x10 HF Dec 2022.JPG
Seller replied to my email with: "the gears that are in it are capable of doing threads"
:) Yup - just have to standardize on that one thread pitch.....

But it does have a QCTP of some type and the one toolholder......

Ads like this (and the $1100 Unimat also currently listed) show what a 'machine tool desert' I live in! :)
(There was a well-equipped Unimat ("Unimet") listed a few days ago @$600 - it didn't take long to sell.)

Last edited:

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
So , how does one just lose a tailstock ?
Years ago I was a regular at rural auctions, and I'd often spot 'accessories and parts' for tools in 'the wrong box'. Usually it seemd that it was accidental - the auctioneer's helper or the family (for an estate sale) just put stuff in the wrong box. Sometimes I suspected that a buyer/bidder moved an item - "hidden treasures in a box lot". For sites like UsedVictoria, I think it's sometimes the case that it's a 'flipper' buying stuff from an estate ..... But, I agree - hard to lose stuff. I try to label the bins and drawers in my shop so that if I suddenly drop dead, all the pieces will go with the correct machine! :)

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Older 7x10 Harbor Freight mini lathe - no tailstock, no change gears.
https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/39848431
View attachment 28714
Seller replied to my email with: "the gears that are in it are capable of doing threads"
:) Yup - just have to standardize on that one thread pitch.....

But it does have a QCTP of some type and the one toolholder......

Ads like this (and the $1100 Unimat also currently listed) show what a 'machine tool desert' I live in! :)
(There was a well-equipped Unimat ("Unimet") listed a few days ago @$600 - it didn't take long to sell.)
want a unimat3? 100 bucks. at that price you can ship it from Toronto to Victoria.

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
want a unimat3? 100 bucks. at that price you can ship it from Toronto to Victoria.
:)
Some enterprising person with a connection to a freight forwarder could go into business buying stuff in ON and re-selling it out here in 'lotusland'. :)