• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Newfoundland to Ottawa

Samaca

Hi folks! I’m new here, getting my coal forge set up in a little village west of Ottawa, Ontario. Did a Heritage Newfoundland apprenticeship a couple of years ago and completed an Artist Blacksmith program at Fleming College in Haliburton- and I’m hooked! Cant wait to check out the upcoming rust junkies event:)

Hi folks! I’m new here, getting my coal forge set up in a little village west of Ottawa, Ontario. Did a Heritage Newfoundland apprenticeship a couple of years ago and completed an Artist Blacksmith program at Fleming College in Haliburton- and I’m hooked! Cant wait to check out the upcoming rust junkies event:)
Welcome aboard. You‘ll love the blacksmith shop at the fest.

If you’re looking for other smiths in the area, Shane Stackpole over at Forged in Canada in Pembrook is a great guy. (I took a design course alongside him two years ago)

Back