• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New Years Eve Haul

Matt_b_m

Thanks for setting this up! I'd have posted sooner but work had me on the road again for a couple of weeks.

Well, what can I say... I guess for those of us who've already arrived there in life, making Kijiji deals on NYE might be kind of cool, the rest of those who are wondering why I wasn't out partying.... Give it a bit, you'll catch up.

Before I start, this was a positive experience, just sharing the find.

So I saw the add, posted in Calgary for some machinist tools. Poster stated that tools were worth about $1K, asking $300. No pictures, the word retired was mentioned.... I start dreaming... No pictures, you know how the excitement of what could be can build...

I gave him a call, and arranged to come and see what he had. Retired guy, didn't have much use for his machinist box and tools anymore so it was time to pass it along.

He was great to deal with. Took the time to open each drawer, show me each tool, explain a bit about them and share a story or too. Honestly it felt like he had a 100 drawers, each one was full of items, and seemed bottomless.

Long story short, I paid him what he was asking and carried the 60lb brick of a tool box to the truck. He even had the key for the toolbox lock!

I'll share with you the pictures I took of what was in the box. These are exactly as they were when I bought it. No confusion, that is multiple drawers of inserts, literally handfuls and most are new.

Enjoy!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
That looks like a fun box full of stuff for $300. I would have bought that too. More of those deals are coming faster than ever. Many layoffs in the machining sector.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Seems like a good deal for $300 depending on the shape items are in.

I just got brand new set of 3 quality micrometers for 79. Telescoping gages are 20. Inserts I usually count as 3 or 4 each.