• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New West Metals in Winnipeg

johnnielsen

John (Makonjohn)
Premium Member
I happened upon the website of New West Metals in Winnipeg. Their metal stocklist is impressive and the website says they accept all sizes of orders.

If anyone has info on them, please chime in.
They say that they

CUT TO SIZE PRODUCT
- NO MINIMUM ORDER CHARGE
- PRODUCTION CUTTING ON SITE
- SHORT LEAD TIMES AND FAST DELIVERIES
- FOB TO YOUR DOOR

https://www.newwestmetals.com/

Tinker

This thread is old now but I have dealt with them many times. They don't charge a fee for cutting to size(saw cut), and the size of the order can be big or small. When I worked in Winnipeg I would pickup the materials myself so never had to have anything shipped. They have an excellent variety of steels, aluminium, copper,brass,bronze, cast iron rounds etc... and they can custom order exotics(titanium i think) if you call a salesman. I'm sure prepay would be the norm there.
Anyways, that's my experience with them. Oh and by the way, a lot cheaper than Metal Supermarket. On a 100mm square x 24' long 6061 aluminium bar, they were $194 cheaper than MS. So as business owner you can imagine they get a big thumbs up from me.

Anyways, I hope that helps.........
Good day!