• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Shop New Vice

Shop

terry_g

Ultra Member
I picked up this 3" vice of Amazon.ca for $42 delivered to my door.
Its very well made and finished. I bolted it to a piece of 3 1/2"x1/4" angle iron
so I can mount it in my 5" vice. Its good for small parts finishing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Wen - standard Chinese vice. For tiny stuff only - castings are uber weak. You may add AL jaws to it - I added AL jaws to only one of my vices and I use it like 80% of the time. To be honest, I think AL jaws should be standard on all vises, and steel only an option.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I like soft jaws also, but have my 4" main vise with surface ground jaws to prevent marking. My 3" secondary vise will be converted to soft jaws, but my big 6" welding vice will always have the knurled steel jaws.