• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New SATA MiniJet 3000B Spray Gun - Free For Forum Donation (Gone Now)

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I posted this last year but the deal fell through. I got this small paint gun for some work years ago and never used it. It has been opened but never had any paint through it. I just ran some water to test the spray pattern when I got it, but then someone offered to powder coat my project for free, so I just stored the gun.

I don't know much about painting but understood this is a pretty good German brand. Used ones are on eBay for $300-$400 in good condition. There is even one for $485 USD on eBay. I also read this model was discontinued but is coveted by many paint guys -- hence the good used pricing on eBay I guess.

Originally I offered it for $150 (thread is here: https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/sata-minijet-3000b-hvlp-paint-gun-new.1909/ ), which I think was a smoking deal.

Here's a sweeter deal—only for established forum members though. If you agree to make a donation to the forum, it is yours for free. While I would prefer you use it yourself, if you decide to sell it, that's your business as long as you make a donation to the forum. I'll let you decide the amount of the forum donation. No questions asked.

Pickup in Calgary only. Drop off may be arranged if necessary.

PM me if interested.

1636661045038.png

Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Glad to hear. That was a heck of a deal. If I hadn't already vested in Iwata from many moons ago, I would have scooped in.
Speaking of, I'm afraid to look if my guns & airbrushes are similarly old news & parts becoming scarcer. I liked painting, but once I backed off RC models (especially racing = replacement RC models) my gear doesn't get used as much as before. But my bank account seems happier LOL.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Understood. Painting was never my thing. It took me 40 years to learn how to use a rattle can properly. I think it falls into the same category as machining for me: it's too finicky.

Just glad there are others who can make me look like an amateur. I'll stick to bending and welding metal.