• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New member saying hi

Hi
I'm almost retired and getting myself very lightly into hobby machining. In high school I really enjoyed my Electronics and Machine shop classes. My machine shop teacher (rip) actually asked me if I wanted to apprentice with him. I said no... I have always wished I had taken him up on it though. My hobby ended up being old MOPARS even though I hadn't taken Auto mechanics in school though again always wished I had. Although still love working on old MOPARS, my body cant take much of it anymore unfortunately.

Anyway, I may not be able to contribute much to a conversation here but I certainly will be reading and learning from you all :)

Troy

Edited to correct my wonderful spelling

Last edited:
Hi
I'm almost retired and getting myself very lightly into hobby machining. In high school I really enjoyed my Electronics and Machine shop classes. My machine shop teacher (rip) actually asked me if I wanted to apprentice with him. I said no... I have always wished I had taken him up on it though. My hobby ended up being old MOPARS even though I hadn't taken Auto mechanics in school though again always wished I had. Although still love working on old MOPARS, my body cant take much of it anymore unfortunately.

Anyway, I may not be able to contribute much to a conversation here but I certainly will be reading and learning from you all :)

Troy

Edited to correct my wonderful spelling
Time to swap over to old fords..... Less work. :rolleyes:

To this day I still can't pass a wasps nest without tossing a few rocks....:p

Back