New member in SK

Welcome from Calgary. What are your metal working interests?
Well I'm a A ticket Red Seal weldor and fabricator by trade. I'm retired due to a accident so I hobby weld/fab now. The local farmers keep me busy repairing all their stuff.

I used to specialize in aluminum and stainless steel welding. Both mig and tig. Pipeline wasn't my thing. I found it boring

Big into hotrods and hand forging axes and knives as well

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Well I'm a A ticket Red Seal weldor and fabricator by trade. I'm retired due to a accident so I hobby weld/fab now. The local farmers keep me busy repairing all their stuff.

I used to specialize in aluminum and stainless steel welding. Both mig and tig. Pipeline wasn't my thing. I found it boring

Big into hotrod and hand forging axes and knives as well
Pictures are nice.
We like pictures.
Words hard are:D

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Saskatchewan Farm Boy here. I got evicted from the home farm, moved east and ended up in automotive engineering. Spent 10 years designing engines, fuel systems, and engine controls. Lots of time in other areas - too many to mention.

Retired almost 20 years ago. Lots changes in that time.

Bought a farm 12 years ago south of Chatham Ontario and couldn't afford new equipment. So I bought and repaired used equipment to get going. Parlayed my gun smithing hobbies and machinery into repairing my neighbours stuff as well as my own.

Life is great at 77.

Never could weld worth crap but being virtually blind in one eye and the shakes hasn't helped.

I have a feeling you will really like it here... .

Tecnico

(Dave)
Punching out a 340 .045 over and stroking it. It will.be a 11.5:1 motor with trick flow heads. Should be good for at least 525 RWHP and rev to 7000. It's going to be a fun cruise night car
Didn’t know you could get that size out of a 340. That’ll save all the work of doing a non-original swap which is good.

D :cool:

Saskatchewan Farm Boy here. I got evicted from the home farm, moved east and ended up in automotive engineering. Spent 10 years designing engines, fuel systems, and engine controls. Lots of time in other areas - too many to mention.

Retired almost 20 years ago. Lots changes in that time.

Bought a farm 12 years ago south of Chatham Ontario and couldn't afford new equipment. So I bought and repaired used equipment to get going. Parlayed my gun smithing hobbies and machinery into repairing my neighbours stuff as well as my own.

Life is great at 77.

Never could weld worth crap but being virtually blind in one eye and the shakes hasn't helped.

I have a feeling you will really like it here... .
My family is originally from thus area. They came over on a boat and homesteaded up in Mistadim. Lots of family in Saskatchewan that I need to get to know.

Didn’t know you could get that size out of a 340. That’ll save all the work of doing a non-original swap which is good.

D :cool:
The car originally had a slant 6 in it. It now has a V8 K frame that I re welded properly and will have 4 wheel disc brakes with a d60 rear end. I was going to go 5 speed... then 4 speed standard but all the parts seem unobtainium now. So I'm building a full manual 4 speed auto.
420 C.I. is basically as big as you can go. If it ever needs a rebuild it will need to be sleeved.