• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New member in Calgary

Ironborn

Hello. New member living in Calgary. New to machining stuff, garage level at best. Pipefitter by trade now semi retired. Get called in for specialty jobs mostly to oversee and bring younger j-men up to speed on how and why things need to be done a certain way. Interested in Stuart Turner steam engines.
Machines available
South bend 9a lathe
South bend 7" shaper
Alba 10" shaper
4x6 bandsaw (doesn't everybody have one)
small power hacksaw
new busy bee cx601 mill still to be set-up need dro and to make a stand
Burke #4 horizontal mill in need of some tlc, not set-up yet

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Hello and welcome. if you find you need any advise on that cx601 during setup, I just finished setting up mine so ask away. (You will likely need to pull it all apart and assemble it yourself to get the most out of it.) I have some spare plastic gears from my belt drive conversion if you find you need them :)

Ironborn

Hello and welcome. if you find you need any advise on that cx601 during setup, I just finished setting up mine so ask away. (You will likely need to pull it all apart and assemble it yourself to get the most out of it.) I have some spare plastic gears from my belt drive conversion if you find you need them :)
Thanks I appreciate the offer. It might be a while as I am still setting up shop