• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New member from Vernon BC

CWelkie

Hello everyone. I'm looking forward to "reading the mail" on this forum and becoming familiar with the interests and membership. I'm kept busy in my shop in the main with steam and internal combustion model engines. So far only single cylinder steam but have everything from hit and miss to a 9 cylinder Gnome on the shelves. The shop is pretty well equipped with a Grizzly G4003G (12x36) lathe, Hartford (9x42) mill and a host of other bits and pieces. It keeps me "out of trouble" anyway! Cheers, Charlie.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Welcome from the Island. I'm fairly new here as well, you will find a lot of very knowledgeable people always willing to help.
Do you have the AVRO 504 to go with the Gnome?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome Charlie. I'm pretty sure we conversed a bit on one of of the model engine forums. Glad to have you here. I think it takes a couple posts & then you are able to post pics & show off some of your beautiful work.

CWelkie

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

YotaBota - No, I don't have the Avro 504 for the Gnome (not sure I'd put all that work at the risk of my flying abilities) Hanging from the shop ceiling are a number of R/C "rag-bags" though (e.g., Demoiselle, Nieuport VI and 17, dH Rapide ....).

PeterT - Yes, I do believe we have chatted before. Nice to "see" you here.