• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New member from Southeast BC

thriller007

Hello everyone was directed here from another forum to get a more local forum. Have looked around the site but had problems getting on until I tried a new registration with a different email. I have a craftex cx706 10x22 lathe. Now i am looking for a small mill. its nice to talk to some relatively local people.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome. Nice to have you as a member. I have a craftex 10x22 lathe also and am looking for a mill too! (Well I'm looking for the money for a mill first)

thriller007

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here. You have been very helpful thus far in helping me to understand my needs and limitations when looking for a small mill. A special thanks @Dr.Fiero for spending a lot of time on FaceTime with me yesterday and also to @kylemp for the long chats and taking so much time to explain things to such a newb.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So what have you concluded? What size and style mill have you decided to go after?

Last edited:

thriller007

One of each. How does that sound? With my limited room the dream machine would be the RF45 style as it is actually not as far away from the wall as the rf30 style because the motor is mounted on top. Also better in my humble opinion is the fact that it is not a round column. That being said I would absolutely buy a round column if the right priced one came up. I have come to see that the Craftex cx600 Grizzly 0704 king Canada KC20-VS pm-25MV would all be good enough and have a smaller footprint. I do like the size of the Craftex CX601 or pm30MV. With all that being said I have to find one first in any version and then go from there.
So what have you concluded? What size and style mill have you decided to go after?

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Having glanced briefly at your selection I know i would be making my next upgrade into this scale of machines next, funding keeps this a very slow progression, given none seem to have square column and round is all I could find wen I was looking I went mini. And upgraded here is my craftex CX605 as it stands today, 3axis Dro, motor upgrade, long travel kit, belt drive conversion, (future power draw bar and steel gear drive conversion) total build just about $2500 all in. I’m glad I have had it rather than try to save to get the bigger version, I would still be saving. I’m sure we all look forward to seeing whatever you acquire image.jpg

thriller007

Having glanced briefly at your selection I know i would be making my next upgrade into this scale of machines next, funding keeps this a very slow progression, given none seem to have square column and round is all I could find wen I was looking I went mini. And upgraded here is my craftex CX605 as it stands today, 3axis Dro, motor upgrade, long travel kit, belt drive conversion, (future power draw bar and steel gear drive conversion) total build just about $2500 all in. I’m glad I have had it rather than try to save to get the bigger version, I would still be saving. I’m sure we all look forward to seeing whatever you acquire View attachment 9350
Looks great! where did you notice the biggest improvement?

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Treadmill controller and add on chinesium rpm display, and the belt drive has high and low range but I did not make the motor mount adjuster slot long enough to use the high speed side.