• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

New Member from Ottawa

jwb669

Hi folks, Jim here from Ottawa & new to this site and forum.

I’m strictly a hobbyist and primarily an amateur cabinetmaker, however I just picked up a mid-60’s Myford Super 7 lathe which I will be restoring in the coming months.

I have restored several vintage woodworking machines and look forward to the challenge of renewing this lathe back to its former glory. I have a general interest in metalworking and machining and toolmaking. I am hoping to benefit from the experience and knowledge from members of this forum.

Thx!

Welcome aboard Jim from, just a little south, near Brockville.
I too was working with wood tools, although I wouldn’t call myself a cabinetmaker, before I picked up my 10” Utilathe.

Welcome from the other end of Ontario south of Chatham.

There are more than a few Myford guys on here. I'm sure you will get lots of help.

Welcome from Ottawa :) . Good to see you here. I am also wood and metal chip maker :) restoring metalworking machine is a challenging but also rewarding process. Good luck!

Welcome from Ottawa!

Another forum member lives just a few km from me, and another experienced machinist buddy is a short walk away.

I'm at K1J 7G2, where are you?

Welcome from Greely!
2024 has been a great year for new Ottawa members glad to have you join our illustrious group.
We all love pictures, and look forward to your success in your lathe project myfords have a great history and have a cult following so lots of information out there.

Hi folks, Jim here from Ottawa & new to this site and forum.

I’m strictly a hobbyist and primarily an amateur cabinetmaker, however I just picked up a mid-60’s Myford Super 7 lathe which I will be restoring in the coming months.

I have restored several vintage woodworking machines and look forward to the challenge of renewing this lathe back to its former glory. I have a general interest in metalworking and machining and toolmaking. I am hoping to benefit from the experience and knowledge from members of this forum.

Thx!
Hi Jim!
If someone here eventually tells u "you suck"...d ont take it personal... lol
Welcome from the Okanagan!

Back