• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

new from Dartmouth, NS

prmindartmouth

Hi All.
Ran across this site while Googling "Unimat lathe". I have one, as well as a Southbend 10k. I am a hobby machinist interested in learning. I have had a few articles in "Machinist Workshop" hobby magazine in past years.
Looking forward to browsing this forum. regards....PRMINDARTMOUTH.

prmindartmouth

Thank you for the welcome! I am visiting my daughter's family in Edmonton in mid Feb and will be returning home with a nice Unimat (lots of accessories) that I bought off Kijiji but was picked up for me by my S.I.L. from the seller in Sherwood Park. Hoping to pack it in checked baggage. Once I am permitted by the forum, I'd like to share photos of some of my projects....a chain drive to x-axis of my mill/drill, a 2x60 belt grinder built to run on my Shopsmith, and a few others that I hope will be of interest.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Its all of interest around here, just keep posting and the spam bot will set you free

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Welcome to the group. I’m also a unimat owner. I have one unit that’s fairly complete as well as a couple of other partial ones.

prmindartmouth

Thanks. Due to cost of "collectable" Unimat stuff, I bought a M12x1 tap and die and have made some face plates and a few other things recently. I have not made much with the Unimat yet however, preferring to use my SB 10k. Have you done some turning with your Uni?
IMG_1060.jpg

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Mine doesn’t get a lot of use either. I do plan on turning some brass taper pins on it in the near future tho. Other than that it makes a nice table top drill press.