• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Never enough tools

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Anyone else? It always seems like there’s always a wish list. Those tools you use twice a year but glad you owned them when you needed them. Scratching your head trying to figure out how to take something apart wishing you had “X” tool

I get annoyed with 12 point bolts. Really? Can’t use a 6 point? Necessitates owning sockets useless for anything but those bolts

6 point box wrenches? Yup, PITA for anything except when you actually need one

I just ordered a few things off Ebay to fill in some holes, it just never ends it seems

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Tell about it LOL.... I just got a gear/pulley puller I will probably never use again. I have three staplers going that all take different staples:oops:

Ratchet box ends are the latest thing to grab my attention. I have one, and it's metric but just happened to be the right size to torque down a nut on a very hard to reach bolt on my lathe motor mount.

Godda have a set of those now.

Last edited:

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I got a set of ratchet box ends about a year ago. You need one to change the rear shocks on a RAV4. Mine are perfectly straight and they’re a bit awkward. I think I’d prefer the ones with the swivel heads.

Chicken lights

I can’t stand flex head wrench’s or ratchets. They always want to slip off or you can’t torque on them enough

But I own some of them for those once in a blue moon where they are needed

Chicken lights

Before I bought the big truck I thought I was pretty set for tools.
Changing the power steering box I needed a 1/2” drive 5/8” Allen socket. Broke my puller trying to pull the pitman arm off

I had wrenches up to 1 5/16”, one nut needed 1 1/2” wrench, broke a pair of water pump pliers trying to loosen it

I had sockets up to 2”, one pinion nut needed a 2 1/8” so now I have up to 2 1/4”

Working on my little truck last weekend it was the opposite, I needed lots of metric tools, 6 7 8 and 10 mm

I probably have fifteen 7/8” sockets. Shallow, semideep, deep, extra deep, chrome, impact, 6 point, 12 point. Helping a buddy with his fuel tanks on his Freightliner the regular deep impact socket was too short. Grabbed the extra deep and snugged it up. It’s that ONE time a year you need it that makes it worth owning

Tom O

Ultra Member
I don’t know I walk through Princess Auto now and it does nothing for me ... it’s like being in Canadian Tire!

Tom O

Ultra Member
And then you find that you only use 4 or 5 out of a set. I don’t know how many of those complete gray Craftman plastic sets I’ve bought over the years That come back missing pieces or not put back. :rolleyes: