• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tool Need some sheet metal tool parts

Tool

cannuck

Bought a second (much nicer than first) Marvel 8 at auction 2 months ago, and suspected estate sale and more tools to follow. Forgot about the 28 day thing in Feb so missed sale by a few hours. When I checked catalogue, there was a matching set of 48" Brown Boggs foot shear, box and pan brake and rolls. For those who don't know its story, B/B is a 115 year old Canadian company that built sheet metal tools in Hamilton until going to Etobicoke and concentrating on production presses. I cried crockodile tears over missing them, but they sat in the yard and turned up in March sale (don't know if under reserve or bounced cheque).

I paid more for these relative to estimated value than ANY tool I have ever bought at auction. Part of the reason is every tool B/B ever made is still supported by them. But, for some stuff I would just as soon fix myself. Anyone here got a good source for plastic ball type knobs in Canada? I need some for 3/4" and 1/2" handles on break.
"

cannuck

Thought I should update this thread. Found a bent stub shaft in the end of the member that rotates the clamping mechanism for top clamp. Made a tool to straighten it in place - works well now. Had to drill and tap leaf handle hole and make new lever. Also made some support bars missing from shear back gauge. Removed all of the fingers in top clamp to clean and lube mounting groove. Short 5" finger, so have RFQ in to B-B, but will probably make myself when time allows.