• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Need a hand in Saskatoon

Clipper

A fellow in Saskatoon has a 45 lb., 10 ton ratchet (house moving) jack for sale and I'm wondering if some fine gentleman in the fair town could pick it up and drop it off at Purolator for me. I can make it worth your while. It looks like Dec 8/9 is maybe the "warmest" for a while.
Storey: Saw this on Kijiji and indicated I wanted to buy it. Excelletnt for moving my shed. No problem; he says "look after the shipping". What?? It doesn't need to be crated/boxed but has a $21 "surcharge" to travel as is. Has a top handle. Call Purolator and done, no? Apparently not according to him.
Anyway, he IS willing to tape/wire the foot to the body but refuses to call for a pickup. Absolutely no idea why^%#%#$!!
Plan is to pay him and hopefully get someone there pick it up and drop it at Purolator and ship it collect. The jack is in Wildwood Park and the closest Purolator is at 2100-88st. (88 st & Preston ave.) I'll get his phone number etc..
I'm off to Penticton (nearest Purolator) to explore other options... Some people just drive me nuts...

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
A fellow in Saskatoon has a 45 lb., 10 ton ratchet (house moving) jack for sale and I'm wondering if some fine gentleman in the fair town could pick it up and drop it off at Purolator for me. I can make it worth your while. It looks like Dec 8/9 is maybe the "warmest" for a while.
Storey: Saw this on Kijiji and indicated I wanted to buy it. Excelletnt for moving my shed. No problem; he says "look after the shipping". What?? It doesn't need to be crated/boxed but has a $21 "surcharge" to travel as is. Has a top handle. Call Purolator and done, no? Apparently not according to him.
Anyway, he IS willing to tape/wire the foot to the body but refuses to call for a pickup. Absolutely no idea why^%#%#$!!
Plan is to pay him and hopefully get someone there pick it up and drop it at Purolator and ship it collect. The jack is in Wildwood Park and the closest Purolator is at 2100-88st. (88 st & Preston ave.) I'll get his phone number etc..
I'm off to Penticton (nearest Purolator) to explore other options... Some people just drive me nuts...
I wish you good luck. I know there are very helpful people on here so I'm optimistic as to your chances.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Check with Manitoulin or DHL, or similar companies that deal with a lot of LTL freight. If nobody on here can help out.

@David_R8 had a couple things sent to his place from the mainland, quite reasonably, but I don’t remember who he used

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Check with Manitoulin or DHL, or similar companies that deal with a lot of LTL freight. If nobody on here can help out.

@David_R8 had a couple things sent to his place from the mainland, quite reasonably, but I don’t remember who he used
@Clipper I used CanPar. Awesome service. They will (or at least did for me) pick up at a designated location and time frame.
I had a 100lb 24" sheet metal brake shipped from Calgary to Victoria for $100. Picked up at a members location.

Last edited:

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I used CanPar. Awesome service. They will (or at least did for me) pick up at a designated location and time frame.
I had a 100lb 24" sheet metal brake shipped from Calgary to Victoria for $100. Picked up at a members location.
That's an awesome deal. Was it crated or wrapped?

Clipper

Purolator says it doesn't need to be crated but there's a $21 "surcharge". Probably because it has a handle and you can just pick it up!
Crating it would push it past the 50 lb. freight limit too.
Hopefully the Purolator rep in Penticton has some concrete info tomorrow. Getting tired of endless phone prompts with no answers

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Purolator says it doesn't need to be crated but there's a $21 "surcharge". Probably because it has a handle and you can just pick it up!
Crating it would push it past the 50 lb. freight limit too.
Hopefully the Purolator rep in Penticton has some concrete info tomorrow. Getting tired of endless phone prompts with no answers
Call Canpar tomorrow.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
I don't recall anyone from Saskatoon on the forum, at least not regularly. I am in Regina, and no plans to go to Toon-town in the near future. G/L