• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Neat Welder

Ironman

Ultra Member
I recently flew up to the Northwest Territories and into the bush to weld a cracked hydraulic cylinder. As the welding machine on site has been stolen, I had to rent one, and I wanted a line powered machine with DC. Well, it's Yellowknife, and it's fallen down a long way. So I reluctantly rented an old 6hp Honda powered 30-150 amp DC chopper welder and off we went. I have never seen a little stinker like this, with auto idle and all. As for arc force, hot start and impedance, they picked the middle settings which aren't adjustable. You got what they give you.
I am really impressed. That little critter did a great job and I repaired the work of past idiots and found it a pleasure to use. I am a bit snotty and particular as to what I want to see in a welder to give me good results when I'm dealing with high pressures...or anything.
All I can say is if you see one for sale, buy it.