• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
When we first got married, my bride used to make me a loaf of bread in sandwiches for lunch. But 62 hot dogs is just gross. They would be coming out my nose and ears at 2 dozen.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Who knew there was a National Hot Dog and Sausage Council?

According to this source, a standard hot dog has 25% of the daily limit for sodium. So 62 hotdogs is at least two weeks worth of sodium. And three weeks worth of fat. Not including the buns.

“Hot dogs are often criticized for their fat and sodium levels. A traditional 1.5 oz beef hot dog delivers 572 mg of sodium (25 percent of DV) and 6 g of saturated fat (29 percent DV), but plenty of options are available for those interested in lower sodium or lower fat options.”

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
When we first got married, my bride used to make me a loaf of bread in sandwiches for lunch. But 62 hot dogs is just gross. They would be coming out my nose and ears at 2 dozen.
You mean she baked you a fresh loaf of bread for your lunch every day?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You mean she baked you a fresh loaf of bread for your lunch every day?

Sometimes. But we did have a breadman and a milkman too. And a sheeney man and a knife man and a brush man and a snake oil man and prolly a few others I have forgotten.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The sheeney man was the guy with all the gizmos, gadgets, pots N pans, hoof rot ointment, and piles of junk he collected in his travels. A bit like a travelling yard sale.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Ya, travelled the city selling brushes! Shoe brushes, hair brushes, bottle brushes, tooth brushes, floor brushes, scrub brushes, clothing brushes, dust brushes,...... If there was a brush for it, he sold it! I think Fuller was a brand name though.