• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Mystery Machine

Upnorth

Super User
Is anyone familiar with this type of machine? If so what is it. I saw it in an ad and had no idea what it was.

Attachments

• Mystery.jpg
    Mystery.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 52
I can zoom in on the photo within the post on my iPhone, but can’t open in a new window. However, zooming in doesn’t help much: can you post a larger view of the entire machine?

Original ad. I was unsuccessful with a windows snip. It would pop up in the preview then vanish.

It looks like its purpose is to apply a narrow tape from a spool on the right arm through the straight-knurled rollers onto cloth or other material on the table. The cam plate, operated with a missing foot pedal, may move the rollers up & down to make the attachment somehow.

Cleaned up, polished and powder coated it would make an interesting display piece, worth less than half of the price, not including the effort required.

Back