• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Myford lathe, $3,500 - Cambridge

Xyphota

Ultra Member
That looks like it might be a long bed version so maybe that factors into the price, but that seems exceptionally high especially considering it is in Ontario

trevj

Ultra Member
That looks like it might be a long bed version so maybe that factors into the price, but that seems exceptionally high especially considering it is in Ontario
Nope. Regular bed, ML7, with only a 3 jaw chuck, a faceplate and dog driver to it's credit.
Does not seem like a deal to me either!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Nice looking machine though. Nice enough to be in the living room in the one photo. That would NEVER get past my bride no matter how good it looked.

gerritv

Gerrit
Old Ferrari's look nice in pictures as well after a light coat of olive oil. Repaint vs rebuild creates a big difference in expectations. This lathe had a repaint and cleaning, with no gear box..... etc. So yes the price seems high

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Nice looking machine though. Nice enough to be in the living room in the one photo. That would NEVER get past my bride no matter how good it looked.
Years ago I went to a Toy Run in the Brooks, AB area. Crashed at a friend's place for the night, run was next day. He had a 60's Triumph rigid frame chopper, replete w/ turbocharger, in the master bedroom. Yes, he had a catch tray under it to save the carpet. His ol' lady was cool w/ it.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
My little wood lathe is in the kitchen right next to the bread maker. One of my 3d printers is on the other side.

When we lived in our downtown Condo I rebuilt a cb350 engine in the living room.

You guys need to push the envelope more. Do it in the early stages to set the bar :D

I will admit our taste in home decor is different.... There are no live laugh love signs hanging on our walls (old hand drawn blueprints, yes)

Yup, a couple distributors and starters have found their way to the kitchen table for rebuilding, there's been a few parts find their way to the freezer from time to time as well. It's the concessions one must make for having a "handyman" residing in the house..... After all, I never complain if the house smells like freshly baked bread......:rolleyes:

trevj

Ultra Member
Years ago I went to a Toy Run in the Brooks, AB area. Crashed at a friend's place for the night, run was next day. He had a 60's Triumph rigid frame chopper, replete w/ turbocharger, in the master bedroom. Yes, he had a catch tray under it to save the carpet. His ol' lady was cool w/ it.
Visited a fella in Spences Bridge, who had a Triumph bike in his living room. Pure reflex, I actually put my hands behind my back, as I got close too it, to avoid touching it!

I swear, if Triumph had ever put out bikes in as good shape, they never would have gone out of business!

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Yup, a couple distributors and starters have found their way to the kitchen table for rebuilding
First carb I ever rebuilt (Autolite 2BBL off a '69 Ford 1/2 ton), I was 16 or 17 at the time, was on the kitchen table. Mom frowned but just told me to clean up afterwards.