• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

My first gauge block set

Looks like mine I bought from Busy Bee way back in 1986 or 1987. Chinese made, but nice and accurate...

Accurate enough for the like of us unwashed, and un-annointed! Face it, if we NEEDED that many decimal places, we would pay for name brand, with certs.

We were taught to keep some lint free wipes, a can of solvent, and a can of preservative oil, on hand. Clean the wringing faces of the blocks with solvent and a lint free, before use, and use a lint free and the oil, to ensure that the whole block is safe for next time. Fingerprints cause rust stains!

Back