• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Multifix clones ?

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Anyone know of a source for "B" series multifix (clone) tool holders ?
Lathe I bought (16 X 40 )came with 5 but I'd like 2 or 3 more.
Looked at Ali Express but all I could see were "A" (smaller) series.
TIA

Six O Two

(Marco)
abom79 is always talking about pewetools in his vids.
(I linked the french page, since I don't read german or italian, but I'm guessing if you emailed them in English, I'm sure they could help)

There's also Shars
or direct from China

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Create tool makes 'A' and 'B' sizes: "Burton's Attic" on youtube did a good review on the one he bought.

Stefan Gotteswinter described a Asian made German variety he also liked. It was about year ago, and he hasn't done that many videos in the last 2 years... (should be findable)

Last edited:

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Well, I'll try Create Tool again. I had tried to order from them (several times) about a year ago. There was a thread on Practical Machinist (about a year ago) saying that the founder of Create Tool had died and the Company was no longer functioning. Their web site still functions though - I'll try them once more as I believe they were the mfr. of the 5 that I have in hand now so better chance of a good fit.
Thanks for the replies.

Well, I'll try Create Tool again.
I just went through this and found out that the owner of Create Tools died and it was passed onto the family who aren't really active. I sent multiple emails and messages through different means and none were answered. I checked the website ip registration and it appeared to not be refreshed.

Anyways, I found this fella on eBay and he was excellent. Out of China, and works for the German outsourced multifix manufacturer.

There are two versions of the clones, the standard EDM cut type and the "Fine Grind" type which are better. I ordered from that fella and all went well.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Follow-up, contacted "Sino-SD" ebay seller. Guy was quite helpful and seemed genuinely "keen" to be sure that I was ordering the right stuff ( I already had a "B series" Multifix set but wanted to add 3 more tool holders). Several messages back and forth, finally sent photos of what I had, from the photos, he could identify the original mfr. Apparently, some are "fine grind" and others are EDM cut, I had a "fine grind" tool post and EDM cut holders.
Placed an order for 3 X B2-BD25120 tool holders on May 26, had them on my doorstep 10:00 AM May 31- 5 days from China (Fedex).
Fit perfect.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Got a follow-up email from the ebay seller I dealt with.
He told me that "Bell Machinery" in Vancouver is a dealer for them.
I have no idea whether it would be cheaper to go with Ebay or Bell Machinery.