• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Morse taper to straight Adaptors

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey!
I picked up this Morse Taper to Straight adaptor and it is great for holding 1/2” centre drills. I should have grabbed a couple more sizes - argh! Anyway, I thought KBC tools sold them and I could post a link but can’t get the wording right I guess. Anyway, it is a #2 MT to 1/2” straight drill adaptor. I use it as a centre drill holder - makes things a but quicker drilling on the lathe.
3987538D-9595-4F0E-86BD-D0939CBDB66C.jpeg

Attachments

• A7FAFACA-4D76-4776-9F2F-099FBB2488FC.jpeg
    A7FAFACA-4D76-4776-9F2F-099FBB2488FC.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 0

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
If you still have the receipt does it not provide a description of the MT2 holder???

Bill

Brent H

Ultra Member
Got it used Bill and then found them but can’t recall the “buzz word”

it is handy - pop it in, centre drill, pop out and set up to drill or pop in a taper bit.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I made a set in 3/8" and 1/2" for my mini-lathe since the tailstock chuck took up too much bed real estate when using long drill bits. On mine the bit was secured with a set screw. How much are these ones worth?