• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Tool Morse taper 2 repair lathe tailstock

Tool

Grant T

I have some damage on the No. 2 Morse taper tailstocks on my lathes. They need to be reamed out as the drills slip and caused gauling. After watching u tube it seems like a straight forward repair. There are several reamers available, Amazon has a set for around $30. Has anyone tried these, the reviews look good, but are they worth buying.
KBC has a reamer for around $70 which would be good quality.
Any thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks Grant

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I second AliExpress - MT2 is small - get a pair from Ali, one rough one finisher.

I would not go with Amazon or KBC b/c unless brand name stuff it is exactly the same reamer as you get from Ali. Yes, you can go over reviews on Ali as well.