• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Product Montezuma Triangle Toolbox - Dewalt Edition

Product

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
So this is pretty exciting and hence warranting a new thread rather than my usual Tool Test Tuesday one, Montezuma reached out to me a while ago to try out a new Triangle toolbox they just released today :) It's a pretty awesome box, well built and thought out, was pleasantly surprised (and not just saying this because they sent me one, it's honestly one of the nicer designs I've seen and way better built than the usual big box store brands). This is the first thing I've ever received as a YouTuber from a manufacturer to review, have had some offers of random crappy chinese stuff, but I finally gave it a shot given this is a more established brand with a north american presence.

So of course there's a video, and I also have a discount code you guys can use if anyone is interested in picking one up (message me or it's on the video). Also, any local members who want to see it first hand shoot me a message and you can stop by to check it out :)

I've been thinking about building a box of this style for a while, and have looked at many different pictures and videos to gain some insight into how people like working out of them, and what they like, and dislike about them. A bought one won't really fit the space I want it in, so I'm going to scratch build, and am interested to hear your thoughts as you use it more.

I've been thinking about building a box of this style for a while, and have looked at many different pictures and videos to gain some insight into how people like working out of them, and what they like, and dislike about them. A bought one won't really fit the space I want it in, so I'm going to scratch build, and am interested to hear your thoughts as you use it more.

The biggest thing I found missing in this one was a place to conveniently store pliers...I use them a lot more and adding the racking underneath isn't ideal.

I'm going to integrate this somewhere into my basement shop when it's done, won't be in my main garage to begin with (and I couldn't have it in the background of other videos, so I've had it put away for a bit since I got it)....so will see how it goes as I get more use of it in the future.

As mentioned, if you want to check it out first hand, welcome to if you're in the area.

I have 42" width to work with in my space and a plier rack will be included. Pliers are one of the big drivers behind wanting to make the switch. Right now they're in a couple drawers.....I'm beginning to loathe drawers for my frequently used items. I'm curious how you like the wrench access as that looks like the biggest change from a typical top box with drawers. Right now i'm in the sketching of ideas mode, but will probably start building in another month or so. I need to head over to garage journal for some ideas......

Wrenches aren't too bad, might be a pain if you double/triple up pegs all the time, but otherwise works well and easy to get at.

I just watch a nice how to video. Guy in Scotland did a good job building a decent sized one out of mdf.

Back