• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Monarch 5k

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Salmon Arm, BC, C$5,000

367970434_5647080158661737_438735377845837155_n.jpg

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
One point "for" is that its its a great place to store all your floor jacks.
Its a beautiful lathe, love the look with the handles, its a big lathe I imagine it would have been a pretty good workout running one of those for 8 hours a day back in the day. I had 3 lathes at one time but sold one because of space, but if you have the room 3 is the minimum standard for most guys;).

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I think it's a pretty good bet that he is selling it cuz he bought 6 more floor jacks and needs the room for a rack to store multiple levels of jack's.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
1931 purchase price $2527. In 1932, a small house in the Kits area of Vancouver was $2500.

That same Kits house was $54,000 when my parents bought it in 1975. Sold in 1985 for $135k. Now worth $2.3m.

So $5k for a Monarch is a steal.

And don’t take real estate advice from my family.

( edit to correct selling year to 1985, I tend to block from memory the First Wife Years)

Last edited:

trevj

Ultra Member
1931 purchase price $2527. In 1932, a small house in the Kits area of Vancouver was $2500.

That same Kits house was $54,000 when my parents bought it in 1975. Sold in 1990 for $135k. Now worth $2.3m.

Yeah, indeed.

I have a hard time figuring if the value has gone up, or the value of the buck has dropped so low...

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member

That same Kits house was $54,000 when my parents bought it in 1975. Sold in 1985 for $135k. Now worth $2.3m.

( edit to correct selling year to 1985, I tend to block from memory the First Wife Years)
My Uncle and Aunt bought a house just south of Kits on W22 in the 40's my Uncle and his son still live there, the house was around $4500 just a small wartime house and it has been a long time now that he pays more ever year in taxes than he did on the original price of the house. I believe the house behind sold for over 3 million about 6-7 years ago but my Uncle will stay there till he passes he would never sell because he knows they will just bulldoze the house and build another that basically covers the entire lot like all the neighbors around him.