Modern Horizontal Milling Machine

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
s-l640.jpg

Make is Modern Tool Works.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@gmihovics : not a contest - forgot this was the member spotted deals .....LOL - you win on price!

@Tom Kitta : it seems to go in cycles - when covid slowed, man oh man....machines hit the market! @gmihovics - keep your eyes peeled if you want a mill or lathe. the deals sometimes come fast and you have to just go for it. If I could do it and keep things going I would be buying machines like crazy, doing a recon of the important stuff (or not) and shipping the stuff out to auction in the west....crazy if you could keep a low overhead and just picked good machines.

gmihovics

Garrett
@gmihovics : not a contest - forgot this was the member spotted deals .....LOL - you win on price!

@Tom Kitta : it seems to go in cycles - when covid slowed, man oh man....machines hit the market! @gmihovics - keep your eyes peeled if you want a mill or lathe. the deals sometimes come fast and you have to just go for it. If I could do it and keep things going I would be buying machines like crazy, doing a recon of the important stuff (or not) and shipping the stuff out to auction in the west....crazy if you could keep a low overhead and just picked good machines.
my price was better but look at all the tooling yours has, that's worth the extra $600.

The moment I bought my lathe, all these machines hit the market haha making me think I made the wrong purchase.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@gmihovics : well it happens all the time with the purchasing of things.... when I bought the first Utilathe, I thought it was a good deal, not awesome but good. Then I spent a lot fixing it and tooling it up - but I learned a ton, pushed skills to the max and beyond - totally excited about the things I made for it and also for other people - way cool - then/ now .... well after a while you buy another one (even though you have one) .....

Your wife walks out to the shop the day you brought her home and looks at you :confused:.......then looks at Miss Metric :eek: ...Miss Metric smiles back at your wife, her handles rusted with the fingers of past users, her gears dry but wanton of lubrication....there is no shine on her back gears or luster in her threading knob as there was in the past when she was used and abused. Her compound displaying the battle scars of many young individuals banging away on her! She tolerates your wife's hard stare at her disgusting, disassembled body and then allows a drip of oil from her gear box to plop forth onto the clean floor at your wife's feet..."bloop!".......... Your wife turns to you....."you said you would restore and sell....." ..."you said maybe it was a deal"...."YOUR KEEPING HER YOU BASTARD!!!!"......... And then......as the tear wells up in the corner of your eye and you try to explain that machines have feelings and need a chance and ...and....you wife laughs and hugs you and all is right with the world.....

Miss Metric though may have other plans..........HAHAHAHA!

gmihovics

Garrett
@gmihovics : well it happens all the time with the purchasing of things.... when I bought the first Utilathe, I thought it was a good deal, not awesome but good. Then I spent a lot fixing it and tooling it up - but I learned a ton, pushed skills to the max and beyond - totally excited about the things I made for it and also for other people - way cool - then/ now .... well after a while you buy another one (even though you have one) .....

Your wife walks out to the shop the day you brought her home and looks at you :confused:.......then looks at Miss Metric :eek: ...Miss Metric smiles back at your wife, her handles rusted with the fingers of past users, her gears dry but wanton of lubrication....there is no shine on her back gears or luster in her threading knob as there was in the past when she was used and abused. Her compound displaying the battle scars of many young individuals banging away on her! She tolerates your wife's hard stare at her disgusting, disassembled body and then allows a drip of oil from her gear box to plop forth onto the clean floor at your wife's feet..."bloop!".......... Your wife turns to you....."you said you would restore and sell....." ..."you said maybe it was a deal"...."YOUR KEEPING HER YOU BASTARD!!!!"......... And then......as the tear wells up in the corner of your eye and you try to explain that machines have feelings and need a chance and ...and....you wife laughs and hugs you and all is right with the world.....

Miss Metric though may have other plans..........HAHAHAHA!
OMG this is perfect, that is pretty much how I see things going for me some day in the future.

Well at least I hope so.