• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Modern 11x26 Metal Lat[h]e, $3300, Calgary, AB

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
If it has 3J 4J, steady and follow rests, the tailstock is pristine and no leaks, all smooth and functional, about 2600$ (IMO)... With some probs, and missing one of the rests, about 2200$. Rock bottom, with some dings, about 1800-2000.

Lathes of this size can be found in the 2200-2400 range regularly. Or you can wait for a super deal!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
What is a lathe like that worth? I am looking for a machine about that size.
Well to give you a bit of an idea....that lathe was bought by a flipper (I don't recall the selling price) and then the flipper has had it listed for some time and made some very modest price reductions. If it was a good deal it would have gone long ago.

Of course tooling and accessories can make the price seem high or low on any piece of machinery so one must keep that in mind.

Good used lathes and mills seem to command very good money these days. For myself, 3/4 new price for a used machine in pristine shape is the most I'd pay. A machine with reasonable wear and tear I'd pay 1/2 price of new.

Blue Wall

If it has 3J 4J, steady and follow rests, the tailstock is pristine and no leaks, all smooth and functional, about 2600$ (IMO)... With some probs, and missing one of the rests, about 2200$. Rock bottom, with some dings, about 1800-2000.

Lathes of this size can be found in the 2200-2400 range regularly. Or you can wait for a super deal!
Thanks. I'm looking and not in a hurry...