• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Mitutoyo 1” micrometer wanted

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I’m looking for a used 1” mitutoyo micrometer to match my 2 & 3” ones.

Attachments

• 4AF162F4-5A59-4223-A06F-0AF210BCEED8.jpeg
    4AF162F4-5A59-4223-A06F-0AF210BCEED8.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Assume 103-135? You see the 0-1 quite often but I'm finding that for some reason that used on Ebay & the likes seem to be a relatively high percentage of new by the time you factor shipping, or the deeply engraved 'Frank.S' prior owner & always wondering if it was dropped or abused.

For reference, Thomas Skinner spanky new $C111 fob Calgary

Ebay listing rank low-high$
https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mitutoyo+micrometer+103-135&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Amazon Prime (sometimes some good deals but not in this case)
https://www.amazon.ca/Mitutoyo-103-...e=UTF8&qid=1528258034&sr=8-9&keywords=103-135

DGI 108$C. I just discovered these guys & have a Mitutoyo inside mic on order. It was less than Skinner & free shipping which saves me a trip to the SE to pickup. I had to create an account but it took 5 min & was instantly set up.
http://www.dgisupply.ca/product/MTI103135/?tracking=|searchterm:103-135

Attachments

• SNAG-6-5-2018 0000.jpg
    SNAG-6-5-2018 0000.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Good info Peter. Interesting you are buying one too. Used in Calgary seems unlikely to find at a decent price. Still I will keep looking. I have the digital mitutoyo caliper so that will work plus minus 0.0005” for now.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm buying this 2-3 inside mic. Just couldn't find anything used that justified the price & dice roll. I use snap gages too but in many instances like shallow bores or lips or ID's with raised ledges etc. snap gages don't lend themselves quite as well. And I guess they introduce another measurement device on top too. Digital versions of (big name) bore mics are brutally expensive. I'm perfectly happy to use the vernier style. I find them to be accurate & repeatable. But I'm a self-confessed Mitutoyo fan boy -LOL

Attachments

• 6-6-2018 0000.jpg
    6-6-2018 0000.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 8

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
No john dont buy that mac tools mic. I agree with peter that DGI is great. I buy all my tools from a guy named Chris at DGI. If you want to spend less ask someone at DGI about getting an insize mic it will be less money and a bit lower quality but they get the job done. I bought a big box of insize mics from DGI for using at work. At home i have a set of mitutoyo digital mics they are great, but kind of a pain im always looking for a bew battery lol

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
What ushually happens to cheap mics is the ratchet thimble falls apart. The anvils dont line up and you will likely get backlash in the spindle with heavy use. The good ones are easier to disassemble and clean if you often work in a dirty environment

gsg9.ca

Mac should be ok but for the same cash you can get Fowler or Kurt from KBC. Or spend the extra $ 6 and get one with the little numbered wheels. Much easier on the eyes. Love my old Mit but I'm not sure I'd drop $ 150+ on one today.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Yeah that is the one. My tool guy at DGI chris sold my shop a few dozen insize blade mics a few years ago and they get used around the clock 5 days a week. The quality control guys say they are good so i figured hey what the heck ill get the big box set

Brian Ross

There is a back to school special on that 0-1" micrometer for only $27.12. Not sure if there are any restrictions but it doesn't look like it.

Brian Ross

Under promotions on the KAR site there is a back to school sale that includes a bunch of Insize tools. The sale runs to the end of Sept.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I dealt with DGI central (= Toronto?) because the that's where the website ph# was directed. My mic was sent directly to door free shipping. But maybe that only kicks in with certain $ value?

The only hiccup was 3 weeks went by with no word, no update, no tracking number.... So I called them & they said it was in transit from Mitutoyo to them. Hmmm... I think the web shopping site is not as robust as others & they admitted that. A phone call is probably better which is how I have to do it with Skinner anyway.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Insize micrometer arrived. Out of the box it reads my 1” standard as 1.0002” . Pics. Quick shipping from stock in Edmonton.

Attachments

• D7358BE2-7C34-477F-AD40-8A393124AE51.jpeg
    D7358BE2-7C34-477F-AD40-8A393124AE51.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 10
  • D60966B0-D59B-4A11-9FD0-1924FCBE3D55.jpeg
    D60966B0-D59B-4A11-9FD0-1924FCBE3D55.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 10