• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Milwaukee rivet gun

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I had a cheesy manual pop rivet tool once upon. It was so-so. Did a fantastic job of giving me hand blisters. Just wondering if any of you fab guys have run time on Milwaukee? I'm already set up for their batteries so could just get the tool. Even so, they run ~240$. The manual ones vary in cost & quality, probably more-so these days with more knock-offs out there. Not interested in pneumatic.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I don't have the milwaulkie, but i do have an air rivet gun. I used it a lot when i built my steel cabinets. Put about 2000 rivets through it and no blisters. I couldn't imagine doing that by hand.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Let us know your opinion if you do take the leap Peter. I've got lots of rivet tools, manual, Big Daddy, air, etc., but that Milwaukee does look slick. I notice it uses the extended M12 battery. Wondering what battery life is...

I've been on a solid rivet kick for years now though. I think it's the air sound. It may be addictive.

Rivets are such great fasteners—Titanic notwithstanding.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Only thing nicer than rivets is the rivet-like threaded inserts. Especially if you make dimpler blocks so the rivet heads are flush with the surface.
Agreed. I keep eyeing those air powered nutsert guns. They work great with PlusNuts (threaded inserts for big boys) because they set them straight. If you use the Big Daddy two handled tools to set PlusNuts by hand, they always seem to go in crooked.

But it's just a want tool, not a need tool. I find myself dreaming up projects to justify one.

Last edited:

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
No help on the Milwaukee but had an PA air rivet gun. It was awesome installing large rivets we used on poly skid plates on combine headers. Wore out several hand tools back in the 70's riveting cleats on Arctic Cat snowmobiles.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Just wondering if any of you fab guys have run time on Milwaukee? I'm already set up for their batteries so could just get the tool. Even so, they run ~240$.

I have only ever used a manual Riv-nut Setter. But I'll be watching this thread to see where you end up.

For brand name electric or battery tools like that, set up an eBay Canada search and also include Canada in the search terms. Then set it for daily notifications. Sooner or later one will show up in a bulk sale. The good outfits are in Barrie and Markham for some reason. That's how I buy most of my brand name tools like that. They usually come as a genuine tool in a brown box - no battery. I've never been scammed with a copy yet. Your 240 might be 120 that way. Some of the suppliers even provide free shipping.

Last edited: