Milling machine bit, clamps and shims Free Wasaga Beach

trlvn

Ultra Member
I don't understand people sometimes. The milling stuff is worth a few hundred dollars. Other ads are giving away files and circular saw blades. Also a bunch of lawn furniture. If you can't be bothered to figure out prices, why not donate the stuff to Habitat for Humanity or some other good cause? Or if this is an estate, do they really not recognize that there is value there?

[Shakes head.]

Craig

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sometimes people are just generous and like to give stuff away to people that they think will use stuff and don't feel like they have to receive money for stuff

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
The lawnmower blade would seal the deal for me, lol
Could be just moving to an apartment/condo, the house has just become to much to handle. I know when we're done owning a house it will be a rental apartment for us. The local seniors center has a wood shop but no metal shop, maybe I''ll donate my machines to them as we have no kids.

The lawnmower blade would seal the deal for me, lol
Could be just moving to an apartment/condo, the house has just become to much to handle. I know when we're done owning a house it will be a rental apartment for us. The local seniors center has a wood shop but no metal shop, maybe I''ll donate my machines to them as we have no kids.
See if you have a local 'Makers Space' you could donate to? Some of them run as not-for-profits and can issue tax deductible receipts for fair market value on donations. PUts you in a position to knowledge share with a new generation/group of 'makers' if inclined.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I've never heard of "Makers Space", are they a rent to use type of shop? I was considering the seniors center because then I would still have use of the machines and be able to maintain them as well. I'm also hoping this is still a bunch of years away but you never know.

Think of them like a Co-Op shop space. membership required, training required before using certain machines, etc.

https://makerspace.ca/ is the Victoria (Saanich) shop. Most major cities have one or more of these 'maker spaces' these days. Some are not-for-profits, some arent.