• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Milling machine Banff $1400

Johnwa

Ultra Member

Price has dropped $100 in one day!?

Central machinery and the red color means it likely came from Harbor Freight.

SKU search yields this

IMG_5534.jpeg

I dont remember a lathe.
I seen I believe the same (pictured) mill with a 12x36 lathe listed for 1000each in the same ad, in Banff maybe 2 weeks ago

I didn't even respond because I figured surely a scam. The ad was down pretty quick so if not someone got a hell of a deal.

Account from 2024 with nothing to show - maybe privacy at max or created yesterday. For a young person. Price very good. Scam 99.99%.

Of note is that the scammer is asleep now and does not reply suggesting he is Asia based, Pakistan or around that area.
The scammer has been busy replying to me for the last 1/2 hr.

The good news it that they'll deliver to calgary for only $150 bucks

The bad news is they demand a deposit and rejected my 50 buck offer and wanted 150 or 200.

Wont reply to me as well. They know I know they are scammers. No point in reporting them on Facebook. Facebook stops showing you the ad when you report it, but if you logout of Facebook and search the marketplace the ad is still there.

Yes I will construct a section on the forum called "Scam or No Scam". It will have all the features that you want in helping to detect and prevent scams. It will come with a guarantee that if a scam is ever misidentified as being legitimate you will be insured 100% for your lost money. You will also be financially rewarded each time you flag a possible Scam.
I will need each member to etransfer me $100 tonight so I can start developing this right away as it is very expensive and time is of essence with these scam sort of things.

Yes I will construct a section on the forum called "Scam or No Scam". It will have all the features that you want in helping to detect and prevent scams. It will come with a guarantee that if a scam is ever misidentified as being legitimate you will be insured 100% for your lost money. You will also be financially rewarded each time you flag a possible Scam.
I will need each member to etransfer me $100 tonight so I can start developing this right away as it is very expensive and time is of essence with these scam sort of things.
Sounds like a rip-off, I will do the same for $50 each!

I e-transferred you $100,000 by mistake. You can take the $100 and refund me the difference. ;) Thank you for your understanding.

Back