Milling Machine, $3500, Truro NS

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

a75c01d4-595e-4087-96ed-ae1a8d073c10

Tecnico

(Dave)
Step drive Taiwan manufacture of 1986. 220V, 3 phase motor, the basics are all there. Possible low/high speed selections on the drum switch for the motor. Machine is labeled as an Acra, a make that still exists so parts probably available. It looks similar to my First so that could be a parts path too. If it's built the same way then there would be some nice little upgrades from the BP pattern.

The .007" free play might be because the lead screw adjusters have been tweaked but as long as the wear is even over the length that should not be a problem. May have had an X-axis power feed at one time. It would be interesting to hear the history of the machine before it was laid up for 20 years.

Quill down feed wheel and knee crank handle not shown in the photos. Vendor also has a dial indicator on sale.

If the machine is as good as claimed then it shouldn't last long at $3500 in NS. If anyone in the neighborhood is interested I'd suggest getting on your bicycle and pedaling!

Good shopping Maritimers!

D :cool:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
It looks similar to my First so that could be a parts path too. If it's built the same way then there would be some nice little upgrades from the BP pattern.

Looks to be more or less the same as a BP to me. Not quite like your first. But that isn't really a negative. Could even be a positive for some. Looks to be a good find in Nova Scotia.

Start the car Bertha!