Tool Mill tool hanger

Tool

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a cool idea. I need something similar for the Allen wrenches and the draw bar wrench.

This could easily be 3D printed. Because the load is trivial, so could the T-Nut.

Screenshot_20240104_190306_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240104_190143_Facebook.jpg

Couple of comments and observations based on some of the posted threads.

Pinterest, isn't that YouTube without action?????

Plastic why not metal? AKA Starrett vs Mitutoyo thread....

3D printed???? CNC no way no how am I ever going that way? Why not be a metal worker and make it out of metal???? Why not CNC your mill and play with the big and be environmentally friendly avoid one time plastics????

Up at this hour? Old ages equivalent of time zones, body is in one, mind is in another.

Al least its not Lithium Battery Powered.......No Nomex is required.

All kidding and poking fun aside, great idea for a manual mill. I only see fault which is flood cooling spray management or chip management. It opens the driver to these things.... Have a CNC mill it quickly identifies the management of these details.

John Conroy

Premium Member
I have a similar one that I originally had on my Ferro mill. I had to relocate the mounting holes to suit the new mill. It holds the small hex key for my vise stop, a dead blow hammer, the wrench for the vise hold down bolts, a t-slot scraper and chip brush. Made from a short length of 2" square aluminum tube. It can be removed in seconds if I need the full travel of the X axis.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Glad I'm not the only one that also uses pinterest. It's not just for live laugh love signs, and baking recipes lol.

Nice rack John. I need to clean up and organize my mill area soon. Off to pinterest for ideas......:D