• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Mill spiff up

quitereal

I had some treadmill tread laying around, as well as some ceramic magnet edge things from old plexiglass storm windows, so I made a chip bib for my y/z.
20240830_180456.webp
Then I figured some safety was in order
Snapchat-2077600743.webp

Ive had her running a few ops, I dont really want to talk about the pulley bracket and clutch nut.
First made some tnuts and then some vlbocks with the horizontal arbor setup
Screenshot_20240830_203036_Gallery.webp
I did some boring
Snapchat-1906226429.webp
Then made a boring extension thing
20240830_201346.webp
Ran the overarm and clocked the rpm through the gears.
Screenshot_20240830_201241_Gallery.webp
Then did some bossing, like a boss
Screenshot_20240830_201212_Gallery.webp
Snapchat-700206034.webp
Then thought about left handed boring bars and threaded arbors for a second.

Anyhoo Ive been having a blast with the old girl, got the cutting oil system operational, drills holes like a champ, got a facemill coming. Feels wierd to be in the kitchen frying bacon then being able to walk 20 feet to an operational mill lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240830_201241_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20240830_201241_Gallery.webp
    168.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Nice job on the way cover. I need to do the same, and have some treadmill belt laying around.

Love the mill too. Always wanted a vert/hori combo

Looks like there is a lot of ‘machining’ left in that CINNCINATI.
We used to have a few ‘manual’ Work Horses when I was at Ex-Cell-O.

Great for spreading hot chips and Hogging material off.
Are you making parts for it or can you still get them ?

Ya lots of life yet. Ive had some of those chips find their way into my sandals ouch. So far no parts needed, all the controls are duplicated front and back, the front feed/speed selector doesnt work - theres a shaft and bevel gear missing for it, I might try fix in the future. I also want a dividing head and driving mechanism would be nice. I think theres a place in the states that sells parts... For now Im happy doing basic ops and getting used to just having a mill available for whatever other projects i want to do.

Back