• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Mill Drill YYC

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
$2000, Calgary

$_59.JPG

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
For 2000, I don’t feel the value is all there. If there was a little more tooling than a fly cutter I’d be all over it.

Hey Ben, I'd like to bet $2,000.00 is all he paid for it with taxes and shipping. Unsure where you see the fly cutter??? Where's the mill listed???

Last edited:
So do you think it’s a reasonable price Bill? Fly cutter mentioned in ad description.

Attachments

• 807FB302-17D0-46DE-9D47-3F9657BCA383.png
    807FB302-17D0-46DE-9D47-3F9657BCA383.png
    637.6 KB · Views: 16

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
So do you think it’s a reasonable price Bill?

NO, even as pristine as it looks with the mickey mouse vise and without tooling simply add 5 hundred more and purchase a new one with warranty.

That said, asking price doesn't ensure that's what the seller will receive, remember the old rule of thumb everything in life is negotiable.
If I were interested I would contact the seller and make him a standing offer at a price that fits with your budget. You've got nothing to loose by doing that. Seller says he's firm at 2 grand, we'll see!

Just found the mill on Calgary Kijiji now I can see the extras, not much there. An older spindex/rotary table with 3 jaw chuck, fly cutter can't make out the cutters likely missing, parallels appear to be home made from assorted sizes of key stock.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/calgary/great-condition-milling-machine/1567863956?undefined

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
The machine looks to be in good shape, however the table looks small to me for some reason. Maybe it's not a RF30?

As for extras. The stand is worth something. The drill press vise is a joke. The parallels look frazzled. Fly cutter not worth much. I can only assume the dividing head is included since it's pictured but I only see one plate.

So, not a GREAT deal but not bad bad either.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
The machine looks to be in good shape, however the table looks small to me for some reason. Maybe it's not a RF30?

As for extras. The stand is worth something. The drill press vise is a joke. The parallels look frazzled. Fly cutter not worth much. I can only assume the dividing head is included since it's pictured but I only see one plate.

So, not a GREAT deal but not bad bad either.

Right on Craig, a lot of negatives with his offerings.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Even with shipping its still likely better. Are they the same size mill?

Agree Johnwa the Ontario mill is a clear winner and I would think both mills comparable in manufacture. Retrieval and shipping is another ball of wax.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Are they the same size mill?

It's hard to tell from a picture to be sure John. At one point in time there were two sizes of RF clones that looked identical physically a 15 and a 30. The 15 was midway between a mini-mill and a RF30. That's why I questioned the table size.